Today I was surprised to find my Gmail account closed for absolutely no reason at all! All I did was that I was playing Snakey in it (using Google Labs), I opened one or two emails, and I had a brief chat to a friend with Google Chat.
Then I all did was let it idle, while checking my blog posts. Next minute when I tried to access it again I get this Error!
I’d just like to know does anyone know how to avoid this? I also got a detailed error message that followed. And I hadn’t broken any of the rules that they laid out. I’ve added them just out of interest:
Unusual account activity includes, but is not limited to:
- Receiving, deleting, or downloading large amounts of mail via POP in a short period of time.
- Sending a large number of undeliverable messages (messages that bounce back).
- Using file-sharing or file-storage software, browser extensions, or third party software that automatically logs in to your account.
- Leaving multiple instances of your Gmail account open.
- Browser-related issues. Please note that if you find your browser continually reloading while attempting to access your Inbox, it’s probably a browser issue, and it may be necessary to clear your browser’s cache and cookies.
I’ve been using for at least four years now, and I’ve never had a problem with it at all. If anyone could help me and shed light on this problem I’d be most grateful 😀